Locations and Hours
We are located in the annex across the atrium from the library.
Questions or comments? Contact Mandy Taylor at email@example.com.
How do I schedule an appointment?
You have several options:
1) use our online scheduler,
2) stop by during our walk-in hours, and we'll do our best to assist you, or
3) email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance or additional availability.
E-mailing or stopping by are the best options if you can't make any of the posted hours.
Ongoing Tutor Projects
If you are a Center tutor, you are usually busy tutoring. However, if you find yourself with some extra time (perhaps because you have a cancellation or it is just a low-demand week), here are some ongoing projects you can work on:
1) Renaming the Center: Since we expanded the name of the Center (to the Writing & Speaking Center) to better describe all our services, we need to make sure all out materials reflect the change. Spend some time wandering through the website (both the actual Center pages and any pages around the SMCM site that link to it). If you find pages that still refer to just the Writing Center or to the OEC and Writing Center, e-mail those links to Mandy Taylor.
2) New Photos for the Website: The Center site could use some new photos of the tutoring rooms and of actual tutorials. Feel free to snap some new photos and e-mail them to Mandy Taylor to use on the website.
3) Names for the Tutor Rooms: Think of a creative name for each of the tutoring rooms.
4) Design Activities for an "Intro to the Writing & Speaking Center" FYS 5th-Hour Activity: In the event that we offer this as an option, we want to provide a presentation that is both informative and entertaining. For example, should we do mock tutorials? make and show a video? give them the information but do a quiz game like Jeopardy at the end?
5) Make an Instructional Video: Use the filming setup in LI 115 to make an instructional video on how to use the equipment and what it might be used for. We might put this video online or show it during class visits.