Locations and Hours
We are located in the annex across the atrium from the library.
Questions or comments? Contact Mandy Taylor at email@example.com.
How do I schedule an appointment?
You have several options:
1) use our online scheduler,
2) stop by, and we'll do our best to assist you, or
3) email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance or additional availability.
E-mailing or stopping by are the best options if you can't make any of the posted hours.
Writing in Specific Disciplines and Genres
It is nearly impossible to complete an assignment without an understanding of the basic requirements. We have to write papers for many courses, and each discipline expects something different in a good paper. Though we at the Writing Center are always happy to assist writers with any kind of writing they would like to bring in, sometimes all a writer needs is a bit of a guideline.
Approaching an assignment in an unfamiliar discipline, or even a familiar discipline, can be challenging. We've created a reference to help. The links on the left provide information on the writing conventions of different disciplines. If you are approaching a paper for a specific discipline for the first time or are seeking guidance on the regulations of a familiar discipline, this reference may prove useful.
Guides to Writing in Multiple Disciplines
Writing in Specific Genres (Across Disciplines)
Writing in Math and the Natural Sciences
- Biology Department Style Manual
- Writing Guide for Chemistry (Oregon State)
- Writing in Mathematics (Franklin and Marshall)
- Writing About Physics (University of Toronto)
Writing in Psychology and the Social Sciences
- Writing an Empirical Paper in APA Style (University of Washington)
- Writing a Psychology Literature Review (University of Washington)
- APA Lab Report Template (University of Washington)