Libby Nutt Williams
Dr. Libby Williams has been elected the 2013 Woman of the Year for the Section for the Advancement of Women (SAW) of the Society of Counseling Psychology at the American Psychological Association. Congratulations, Libby!
Criteria used to determine whether a course will be cross-listed as a Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies course include the following:
- Courses that provide information in a sustained way about socializations, biologies, sexualities, or histories that are based on gender;
- Courses that equip students to identify and analyze the systems that have created commonalities among women's experiences and/or men's experiences;
- Courses that explore the role gender and/or sexuality play in the production of knowledge and art;
- Courses that examine cultural assumptions about gender and/or sexuality in their social, racial, ethnic, religious, national, etc. specificity; or
- Courses that reflect critically on scholarship about women-including gender, queer, or feminist theory.
Faculty: To submit a course for WGSX approval,
please e-mail Jennifer Tickle.