News & Events
Crew Club Team
Keel Boat Club Team
Offshore Sailing Club Team
Adam L. Werblow
Director of the Waterfront
Head Varsity Sailing Coach
Director of Sailing
Varsity Sailing Coach
Assistant Director Waterfront Activities
Waterfront Offices Fax
Welcome to the James P. Muldoon River Center and the Teddy Turner Waterfront!
The Waterfront is proud to host the Special Olympics this weekend, July 26th and 27th!
We will open again for checkout Monday July 28th through next Thursday July 31st, 11am-5pm.
We'll be closed the weekend of August 1st during the SMCM Governor's Cup Yacht Race!
The Waterfront will then be closed until Monday September 1st.
During the school year Waterfront Hours are 1pm to 5pm, 7 days/week.
Summer hours are 11am to 5pm weekdays, 1pm-5pm weekends during summer school through one week after Gov Cup. The Monitor station is staffed by two student workers during those hours and is located under the stairs on the lower deck of the River Center.
- Everyone must be able to swim, staff will check by swiping your One Card.
- Sign in and leave your ID in the checkout box.
- Boats must stay within sight of the River Center.
- Those sailing small boats must wear life jackets.
- Those in kayaks or on SUP's must wear a life jacket or have it on board.
- All youngsters under the age of 18 must wear lifejackets in both sailboats and kayaks at all times.
- Caution- Footwear Required for wading- Sharp Oysters and Barnacles!!
The waterfront staff is responsible for ensuring your safety- they observe the boats, have a rescue skiff available during recreational hours, and often will make a run around the basin to check for any problems.
Be sure and go take the swim test at the Aquatics Center! The swim test policies are here. You may take the swim test at the Aquatics Center anytime they are open.
The MPOARC Pool hours are:
Noon - 2pm, & 6pm-9pm Weekdays
Closed on Sundays
We will also accept equivalent proof of swimming ability- specifically US Sailing Level 1 and Red Cross Lifesaving Certifications as well as the SMCM swim team. Faculty/Staff who have previously taken the swim test before it was suspended will also be passed.
Special needs will be addressed by the Waterfront Staff on an individual basis.