- September 4
TFMS Open House, 7:30-8:30 p.m.+, Bruce Davis Theater, MH. Come enjoy the party! Mandatory for declared and intended TFMS majors.
- September 9-10
Auditions, Much Ado About Nothing, 6:00-10:00 p.m., Bruce Davis Theater, MH. Contact the director, Michael Ellis-Tolaydo, for information.
- September 22
Eighth Annual TFMS Film Series, with filmmaker Joshua Oppenheimer ("The Act of Killing"), 7:15 p.m., Cole Cinema, Campus Center. Free and open to the public.
- October 20
Eighth Annual TFMS Film Series, with filmmaker Lynne Sachs ("Your Day Is My Night"), 8:15 p.m., Cole Cinema, Campus Center. Free and open to the public.
- October 30-31
Performances of "Falling Man, a dance-art project," with Leonard Cruz & Caitie Sullivan, 8:00 p.m. (Oct. 30) & 4:30 p.m. (Oct. 31), Boyden Gallery, MH. Free and open to the public.
2014 - 2015
Season and Events
- Eighth Annual TFMS Film Series: Hybrid Documentary: Enacting Actuality
- Much Ado About Nothing
- Exquisite Corpse
240-895-4243 or e-mail email@example.com
Box Office Manager:
For our assisted hearing patrons: The Bruce Davis Theater is equipped with a hearing assistance system. If you would like assistance, please ask one of the Box Office managers for a receiver when you pick up and pay for your tickets. Students who require a receiver will be asked to leave their student ID at the Box Office until the receiver is returned; non-students will be asked to leave their driver's license.
Where Are They Now?
Megan Rippey (class of 2008, B.A. women, gender, and sexuality studies, minor in theater studies) recently completed her M.F.A. in acting at the California Institute of the Arts (class of 2013).
Site maintained by:
Mark A. Rhoda
For comments about this site or suggestions for its improvement, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visiting Artists and Scholars, 2000-present
- Caroline Martel, Maya Gallus, Connie Field, filmmakers, Seventh Annual TFMS Film Series (the reel history of working women), 2013.
- J.P. Sniadecki, Sasha Waters Freyer, Kwame Braun, filmmakers, Sixth Annual TFMS Film Series (ethnography & alterity), 2012
- Yun Suh, Jenny Cool, Michèle Stephenson, filmmakers, Fifth Annual TFMS Film Series (feminist films and filmmakers), 2012
- Caleen Sinnette Jennings, playwright, stage director, 2011 (St. Mary's Hear and Now)
- Karen Aqua, James Duesing, Lewis Klahr, filmmakers, Fourth Annual TFMS Film Series (alternative animation and collage), 2011
- Scott Hamilton Kennedy, Yung Chang, Wolfgang Widerhofer, filmmakers, Third Annual TFMS Film Series (environmental film), 2010
- Jeremy Skidmore, stage director, 2009 (Polaroid Stories)
- Michelle Citron, Daniel Reeves, Jennifer Hardacker, filmmakers; Patricia Zimmermann (film scholar), Pamela Wintle (film archivist), Second Annual TFMS Film Series (on the home movie), 2009
- Alan Berliner, Laura Kissel, Christopher Harris, David Ellsworth, Su Friedrich, filmmakers, First Annual TFMS Film Series (experimental documentary), 2008
- Roger Warren Beebe, experimental filmmaker, 2007
- Maria Rosenblum, filmmaker, selected for the 2007 Sundance Film Festival, 2006
- Thomas W. Jones II, stage director, 2006
- Bill Gillett, stage director, 2010 (Cabaret), 2006 (Hair)
- Sharon Wyrrick, dancer / choreographer / stage director, 2010, 2004 (900 Dreams), 2000, 1996, 1993
- David Zinder, master acting teacher, 2004
- Bread and Puppet Theater, 2008, 2004, 2003, 2002, 1999, 1995, 1991
- Teatro Luna, 2007 (S-E-X-Oh!), 2003
- Wole Soyinka, Nigerian playwright, 2001
- Theatre du Jour, 2000
- Yvonne Rainer, dancer-choreographer, filmmaker, 2000