New Family Meal Rates in the Great Room!
- The employee discount meal rate of $7.50 for lunch and dinner will now apply to Employees and to their families.
- The employee discount rate of $3.75 for breakfast will now apply to Employees and to their families.
- The children's rate for meals remain in effect - Children Under 12, rates are, $2.50 for breakfast, $3.75 for lunch or dinner Children 0 - 2, meal is free.
Professional Development Committee
Members of this committee work with relevant groups on campus to plan and implement staff development opportunities on campus; consider ways in which staff interest and participation in professional development opportunities might be increased; and assess professional development needs and desires of staff and make recommendations for meeting them.
Alan Lutton (chair)
- In FA12 this committee organized several workshops including "How to Pursue a Deferred Dream: Balancing College Classes and Your Full-Time Job," "Financing a College Education," "Managing Up," and "Stress Management."
- Secured tuition assistance for full-time staff employees who want to take classes at Maryland Community Colleges. See here for details about the pilot program starting in FY14 and to download the application.
- SP13 offerings included: "Time Management," FAFSA training, "Building Your First Resume," "Protecting Yourself on Social Media," "Professional Writing," and "Leadership at every Level". See the schedule posted to the left for future workshops.