- Take advantage of the new Tuition Remission Program for Full-time Staff of SMCM to attend Maryland Community Colleges! See here for more details.
- Send your news/updates for the Staff Newsletter using the form on the Newsletters page or this link.
- Check out the staff blog for book and/or movie recommendations.
- New to SMCM or want some helpful information about SMCM & local resources? Check out the Staff Senate's Welcome to St. Mary's Guide!
- Take care to mind your wellness!
New Family Meal Rates in the Great Room!
- The employee discount meal rate of $6.50 for breakfast, lunch and dinner will now apply to Employees and to their families.
- The children's rate for meals remain in effect. For children 3 - 12, rates are: $2.50 for breakfast, $3.75 for lunch, $5.50 for dinner. Children 0 - 2 eat for free.
Joe Carroll Award
A 20-year member of our housekeeping staff, Joe Carroll died on July 17, 2011, at age 66. In his memory, the Joe Carroll Memorial Award was created later that year by faculty and staff. This monetary award recognizes non-exempt staff members who exemplify Joe’s commitment to the campus. Recipients are announced at the Awards Convocation in April.
With limited restrictions*, all non-exempt staff members of St. Mary’s College of Maryland are eligible for the Joe Carroll Award.
*(1) Sitting members of the Selection Committee are not eligible.
*(2) The current Joe Carroll Memorial Award recipient is not eligible for consideration for two (2) calendar years.
*(3) Extra consideration will be given to employees with an exceptional length of service to the college.
- Please complete and return the nomination form to Beth Byrd (firstname.lastname@example.org or the Alumni House) by 4 p.m. on Wednesday, April 3rd. You may also call 240.895.4280 and make your nomination over the phone.
- Typed entries are strongly encouraged.
2012: Brenda Carter, Caretaker I for Montgomery Hall
2013: Earl Dean, Equipment Room Supervisor for Athletics2014: Sahra Grube, General Support Staff - Mailroom
This award is only available so long as there is funding. If you would like to donate to help ensure the award is given for years to come, please visit https://www.smcm.edu/advancement/giveonline/index.html (the College's official and secure site for online giving) and, once you get to the second page, specify the Joe Carroll Memorial Award Fund under "other". Thank you!