Resident Student Handbook Contents
Recreation Room Use & Reservations
Recreation rooms in the residence halls, including Lewis Quad and Waring Commons, can be reserved as follows:
- No more than two (2) weeks in advance (so that staff have a chance to reserve the rec. rooms for popular times or days before groups reserve them for their regularly scheduled meetings). Exceptions must be approved by the Associate Dean of Students.
- No longer than two (2) hour increments (so that residents have a chance to use the rec. room before or after it is reserved). Longer programs may be approved by the Associate Dean of Students.
- No more than one (1) group per building per night after 7 p.m. (including RA programs, so that there are no back-to-back groups meeting). Rec. rooms can be reserved during the day and at night.
- Meetings and programs must end by 11 p.m. on weeknights (Sunday - Thursday) and 1 a.m. on weekends (Fridays and Saturdays) to ensure that the meetings or programs do not interfere with quiet hours.
- The ORL Office Associate will send e-mails to the staff (and/or RHC) notifying them of the reservations for rec. rooms as they come in.
- Residents should not be displaced while clubs/organizations are using the rec. rooms.