Campus Emergency: x4911
Crime Prevention Tips
Theft of personal property is an ongoing concern. Here are a few tips for safety of yourself and your property. It is important that you take preventative measures to help ensure you are not a victim of theft or other serious crimes. Here are some important safety tips for you to follow:
- Keep windows and doors locked at all times, especially while you are gone.
- Keep valuables in a safe place. For example, a safety box with a lock that you can keep hidden in your room.
- Do not give out your combination or key. If you do not have a key you need to see the Office of Residence Life.
- Do not hold doors for people you do not know, especially exterior doors to buildings.
- If you see suspicious individuals or activity please report them to Public Safety at x4911.
- If you have a vehicle on campus, be sure to keep it locked at all times. If the radio is removable, take the radio face out of the vehicle as well.
- If you have a bicycle on campus, be sure to get a bike lock and use it at all times. You can also come to Public Safety and get your bicycle registered. At the end of each year, be sure to take your bicycle with you.