Seminars & Events
Natural Science & Mathematics Colloquium
Most Wednesdays at 4:40 in Schaefer 106
For updates, like the Colloquium on Facebook.
The Physics Club organizes many activities for all students who enjoy physics.
Brian Tennyson (2011), "Dynamics of Probability Fluid in Quantum Mechanics," (Mentor: Dr. Katsunori Mita)
Brian received the 2011 Department Award in Physics. He is currently pursuing his Ph.D. in Physics at Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut.
The Physics Club (which is also the local chapter of the Society of Physics Students) organizes many fun physics activities throughout the semester. Contact President Kevin Tennyson or Advisor Erin De Pree for information on the next meeting.
Some of our favorite activities:
- Bridge building
- Pumpking dropping
- Smithsonian trip
- NASA Goddard trip
- Career talks
- Rocket launch
- Attending physics conferences
- President: Kevin Tennyson
- Vice President: Erin Knutson
- Treasurer: Emily Altman
- Assistant Administrator (Secretary): Will Dempster
- Historian/Math Club Liaison/Mascot: Nick Pasko
- Faculty Advisor: Dr. Erin De Pree (firstname.lastname@example.org)