Seminars & Events
Friday, October 4, 2013: Dr. Laurie Ryan, SMCM '86 (National Institute on Aging) will speak on "Alzheimer's Disease: Targets and Treatments" at 3:00 pm in Goodpaster Hall 195.
Monday, October 21, 2013: Dr. Greg Elmer (University of Maryland Baltimore) will speak on "Domains and Constructs in Motivation: Where Does the Habenula Fit In?" at 4:45 pm in Goodpaster Hall 195.
Friday, October 25, 2013: Dr. Terry Davidson (American University) will speak on "Why We Overeat and Become Obese? It Could be What We Think!" at 3:00 pm in Goodpaster Hall 195.
Dr. Gwen Calhoon '06 recently received her Ph.D. in Neuroscience from the University of Maryland Baltimore, and was inducted into Nu Rho Psi.
Summer Internships for St. Mary's Students 2013
- Dr. Anne Marie Brady will offer one full-time paid summer internship for a St. Mary's student to investigate drug-taking behavior in an animal model of schizophrenia. Click here to see the ad and for the application cover sheet.
Off-Campus Summer Internships 2013
See an extensive list here. Selected programs are listed below. Most of these are programs that typically offer summer internships - check the web sites to verify existence of the program for 2013, and to confirm due dates and application procedures.
- Atlanta Center for Behavioral Neuroscience Behavioral Research Advancements in Neuroscience (BRAIN) Program
- Emory University Summer Undergraduate Research Program - searchable database
- Indiana University Summer Research Experience for Undergraduates in Animal Behavior
- Janelia Farm Undergraduate Summer Scholars Program
- Johns Hopkins University Summer Internship Program
- Life Sciences Summer Undergraduate Research Programs (LSSURP) at the University of Minnesota
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) Summer Internship Program in Biomedical Research
- National Science Foundation REU Search Page (enter “neuroscience” as keyword)
- New York University Center for Neural Science
- Rutgers University Research in Science and Engineering
- University of Pennsylvania Undergraduate Workshop in Cognitive Science and Cognitive Neuroscience
- University of Pittsburgh Center for Neuroscience
- University of Wisconsin-Madison Integrated Biological Sciences Summer Research Program
- West Virginia University Center for Neuroscience