Seminars & Events
Friday, October 4, 2013: Dr. Laurie Ryan, SMCM '86 (National Institute on Aging) will speak on "Alzheimer's Disease: Targets and Treatments" at 3:00 pm in Goodpaster Hall 195.
Monday, October 21, 2013: Dr. Greg Elmer (University of Maryland Baltimore) will speak on "Domains and Constructs in Motivation: Where Does the Habenula Fit In?" at 4:45 pm in Goodpaster Hall 195.
Friday, October 25, 2013: Dr. Terry Davidson (American University) will speak on "Why We Overeat and Become Obese? It Could be What We Think!" at 3:00 pm in Goodpaster Hall 195.
Dr. Gwen Calhoon '06 recently received her Ph.D. in Neuroscience from the University of Maryland Baltimore, and was inducted into Nu Rho Psi.
Examples of Directed Research in Neuroscience:
- Swanson, Thomas; and Severino, Amie (2009). Exploring the Effect of a 5HT1B Receptor Agonist in Major Depression. (Mentor: A. Bailey)
- Dueker, Ashleigh (2009). The Effect of Body Wall Stimulation Versus Intracellular Stimulation in Hirudo verbana’s P Cells. (Mentor: M. Baltzley)
- Rios, Angeli (2009). Token Uniformity Might Be Better than Token Complexity. (Mentor: E. Hiris)
- Capone, Emily; and Rios, Lia (2009). Neuronal Activity in the Prefrontal Cortex and Nucleus Accumbens of Sprague-Dawley Rats Following Set-Shifting or Double Lever Task. (Mentor: A.M. Brady)
- Gaylor, Kaitlin (2009). The Implications for 5-HT1B Receptors in the Therapeutic Actions of Antidepressants. (Mentor: A. Bailey)
- Baker, Angela; and Chaudhary, Sheena (2009). Behavioral Changes in a Model of Parkinson’s Disease as Observed Through Rats. (Mentor: A. Bailey)
- Lewis, Christopher (2009). Perceived Temporal Synchrony of Continuous and Non-Continuous Waveforms. (Mentor: E. Hiris)
- Kenny, Erika; and Kircher, Dan (2009). Testing Set-Shifting Ability in Adult Neonatal Ventral Hippocampal Lesion Rats Using an Operant Task. (Mentor: A.M. Brady)
- Flerlage, Jesse (2009). Effects of Gentamicin on Auditory Epithelia of the Goldfish. (Mentor: J. Ramcharitar)
- Cosentino, Maya; and Vilson, Fernandino (2008). Neuronal Activation in the Prefrontal Cortex and Nucleus Accumbens Elicited by Set-Shifting in Rats with Neonatal Ventral Hippocampus Lesions. (Mentor: A.M. Brady)
- Hawkins, Dan; White, Gina; and Whitt, Josh (2008). Adolescent Spatial Working Memory Deficits in the Neonatal Ventral Hippocampal Lesion Rat Model of Schizophrenia. (Mentor: A.M. Brady)
- Smith, Elizabeth W.; and VanBlargan, Laura (2008). Patterns of Dendritic Arborization on Inner Ear Sensory Epithelia of the Goldfish and Giant Danio: A Comparative Study. (Mentor: J. Ramcharitar)
- Bourgin, David; Lee, Bridgin; and Lewis, Eastman (2007). Spatial Working Memory in Adolescent Rats with the NVHL Model of Schizophrenia. (Mentor: A.M. Brady)
- Black, Colin (2006). NVHL Rats Do Not Demonstrate Enhanced Motivation to Work for Sugar Pellet Reinforcement. (Mentor: A.M. Brady)
- Wiest, Matthew and Saul, Ronald (2005). Modeling Schizophrenia Through a Lesion of the Ventral Hippocampus in Neonatal Rats. (Mentor: A.M. Brady)