The Committee: Choosing Faculty Advisors
Your personal committee (the group of faculty members who will perform your mock interview and help write your committee letter of recommendation) will include two non-HSAC faculty members. Here are some tips for choosing the right professors for the job.
Choose professors who...
- You have had for at least one class. They should be familiar with you in an academic setting.
- Are familiar with your academic and career goals.
- Know you well enough to be willing to use their free time for the mock interview.
- Will be able to provide helpful and candid feedback on your interview skills.
- Are reliable and easy to get ahold of.
- Sometimes it is tricky to coordinate so many schedules for the interview, so choose faculty that you know you can count on to make a good effort to be involved.