St. Mary's College of Maryland is committed to maintaining an environment free from all exploitation and intimidation based on sex. The Sexual Violence Response Program works to:
- Respond to and support students presenting incidents of sexual violence.
- Provide students with victim services and referrals based on the plan of action tailored to their requests.
- Educate the campus community on sexual violence, consent, bystander intervention, and healthy sexual relationships.
- Increase an open dialogue about sexual violence among the community through awareness and outreach.
- Unite the campus community in preventing violence against any student on campus.
The Sexual Assault/Wellness Advocate offers referrals to on-campus resources for:
- Counseling Services
- Student Conduct hearing process
- Filing a formal complaint
- Housing assistance
- Academic support
**The Sexual Assault/Wellness Advocate offers support and referrals for any other victim services and resources, both on and off campus.**
The Sexual Assault/Wellness Advocate office offers education and outreach programs to aid in the campus' efforts to prevent sexual violence.
- RAINN Day (September)
- Relationship Violence Awareness Day (October)
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month (April)
- Walk a Mile in Her Shoes (April)
- The Clothesline Project (April)
- Take Back the Night (April)
- Support for other student organized events
The Wellness Education program includes the Peer Health Educators and sponsors programming to educate the campus community on a wide range of health issues.
- Orientation events
- National Depression, Eating Disorder, and Alcohol Screening Days
- Great American Smokeout and smoking cessation
- Men's health
- Safer Sex Week
- Peer2Peer education class