Documents and Executive Board Duties
All official club documents are updated regularly and are available on this page for download.
- Medical History & Club Physical Waiver (PDF)
This form is different from the immunization forms required by the school and is required for ALL SMC CREW TEAM MEMBERS.
A new form is required each year, to be updated and filled out by your doctor.
- Crew Constitution (PDF)
The club is overseen by the SGA but maintains self-governance. To guide the teams club policy and interact with the college administration, the crew team maintains an executive board that is elected annually by popular vote. All team members that pay dues are eligible to vote. Each officer within the executive board largely defines how their year in office will affect the team, but they are ultimately governed by the team constitution and the list of designated responsibilities.
FALL 2012 EXECUTIVE BOARD MEMBERS
President - Hannah Coe (email@example.com)
Vice President - Alex Bates (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Secretary - Teresa Padgett (email@example.com)
Treasurer - Hannah Martin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Logistics Coordinator - H.Keene Kelderman (email@example.com)
- To run the Executive Board and team meetings.
- To oversee all executive board meetings.
- To accept overall responsibility for the functions of the St. Mary’s Crew Club and to ascertain that the regulations of the College and the Constitution of the team are adhered to by all participating members.
- To act as the liaison between the College, the waterfront, the coaching staff, and the team.
- To attend SGA sponsored club leader’s meetings.
- To further the interest in the sport of rowing at St. Mary’s College.
- To assist the President with any of the above duties.
- To plan and oversee all aspects of the Crew Dinner Fundraiser, which is held in the spring, and alumni functions.
- To help devise a budget plan with the Treasurer and the President.
- To work with the Alumni office to update and build the Crew Alumni support base.
- To preside over meetings in the absence of the President.
- To chair the Events Committee and act as liaison between said committee and the Executive Board.
- Responsible for taking notes at all Executive Board and general meetings and typing up documents for the team.
- To create and update all phone and address lists.
- To assist the Treasurer with paperwork.
- To make necessary phone calls, E-mail and signs in order to recruit and inform club members of upcoming events.
- To instruct the Information Committee and to act as liaison between said committee and the Executive Board.
- Responsible for procuring and managing all money to be spent, paying all bills through the SGA and St. Mary’s College Foundation, and collecting all outstanding debts owed to St. Mary’s Crew Club.
- Responsible for creating and organizing the budget for the upcoming semester, to be approved by the Executive Board.
- To find donors/sponsors of the club.
- To keep written document/books for all transactions that occur.
- To coordinate registration with the coaches and all other financial details of all regattas.
- To chair the fundraising committee and act as the liaison between said board and the Executive Board.
Rigger or Logistical Coordinator
- To hand out and collect all necessary liability forms.
- To coordinate registration with the coaches and assist the Treasurer with financial details of all regattas.
- To hand out and collect all necessary regatta registration information to members of the team, and dues in a thorough and timely manner. Then to transfer dues collected to the Treasurer upon completed collection.
- To coordinate details of all attended regattas and events (including, transportation, food, and housing) including but not limited to; van reservation and driver lists, food service accommodation lists, housing reservations and logistics as needed.
- To logistically assist the Vice President with the Crew Dinner Fundraiser preparation.
- To assist the secretary with maintaining updated information in regards to team rosters for regattas as well as appropriate paper work.
- To be responsible for scheduling inspections and maintaining the trailer and other needed transportation equipment for the team.
- To obtain Driver Certification by the office of Public Safety and must renew it as necessary. As well as maintain an updated list of club members certified to drive vans by the Office of Public safety.