Glendening Hall 220
For general questions or submission of forms and petitions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (240) 895-2234
St. Mary's College of Maryland
18952 E. Fisher Rd.
St. Mary's City, MD 20686
Elizabeth Nutt Williams, Ph.D.
Dean of the Core Curriculum and First Year Experience
Phone: (240) 895-4467
Ruth Feingold, Ph.D
Associate Dean of Academic Services
Phone: (240) 895-4388
Dr. Feingold will be on sabbatical in Fall 2013: please direct all questions and correspondence to Dr. Williams, Ms. Wimberly, or the Core Curriculum mailbox.
Phone: (240) 895-2185
CORE CURRICULUM OVERVIEW
The goal of the Core Curriculum is for students to
- engage in and articulate the value of creative and intellectual exploration;
- use multiple modes of inquiry, resources, and knowledge from multiple disciplines to ask questions, identify issues, and solve complex problems both within and across disciplinary boundaries;
- develop an openness to diversity in all its forms and demonstrate social responsibility and civic mindedness;
- learn about the global community and environmental stewardship; and
- hone the fundamental liberal arts skills of critical thinking, information literacy, written expression and oral expression across a variety of disciplinary boundaries