Chancellor’s Point Project Student Fellow
Administration, Historic St. Mary's City
Name of Hiring
Contact: Regina Faden
Title of Hiring Contact: Executive Director
The CCP is a joint effort between St. Mary’s College of Maryland and Historic St. Mary’s City founded to employ an integrated approach to understanding the nature and history of southern Maryland tidewater land and living. The Fellow, working with the Chancellor’s Point Project Committee, will assist in developing and implementing an academic program at Chancellor’s Point. Currently, the Core Committee is working on a summer session field school. Responsibilities will include
- attending meetings of the CPP committee
- acting as a liaison to the College and CPP Club
- speaking to campus and public groups about the program
- assisting with on-site renovation and maintenance under the direction of HSMC carpenters researching options for program development (funding), primarily on the Internet
- interviewing interested faculty and staff
- creating informational materials such as presentations, talks, and brochures
The Chancellor’s Point Student Fellow would learn what it is like to develop an educational and museum program, including preparing a site for use. The CPP Core Committee has drafted a strategic plan and is working to realize its goal of providing a site for environmental education, recreation, and contemplation. The Fellow will work with faculty and staff from SMCM and HSMC as well as with community members to help develop support for the project.
The Fellow should have excellent communications skills, be able to work with groups and independently, be committed to the mission of the project, and be willing to work hours that might include some weekends and possibly evenings.
For more information on how to apply and a list of the other fellowships available, click here.