Calvert Hall

Contact Us

  • Glendening Hall
    First floor
  • Accounts Receivable
  • Accounts Receivable
  • Accounts Payable
  • One Card
  • Purchasing

Frequently Asked Questions

When are bills sent out?

Accounts receivable now has billing available via the portal, no bills are mailed out. The bills are available for viewing and payment, for the fall semester on July 1st and for the spring semester the 3rd week in November.

How can I calculate how much I owe after financial aid?

The amount shown due on your semester statement is the total of all charges and credits applied to your account at the time of billing. This amount may not be the final amount you need to pay. If loans are part of your financial aid package, they will not appear on your bill. To determine how much you will owe, complete the Payment-Due Worksheet.

Where do I send my payments?

All checks are to be mailed to:

St. Mary's College of Maryland
ATTN: Cashier, Glendening Hall
18952 E. Fisher Road, St. Mary's City, MD 20686

Please include student's name and ID number on all checks being mailed.

What are the cashier's hours?

The cashier's hours are 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. A payment drop box is also available in the Glendening Hall lobby from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Does the College accept credit cards?

The college accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club and Discover credit card payments via the student's Portal account for tuition and fees. and one card deposits.  The college cashier accepts payment for new student's Housing Prepaid Deposits, and Tuition Prepaid Deposits only.

How are advance payments handled?

All candidates, regardless of their admission options, are required to make a non-refundable deposit of $500 to confirm the acceptance of an admission offer. The advance payment is applied as a credit on the first-semester bill from the College.

How are housing deposits handled?

Students living on-campus are required to make advance payment for housing. The advance payment is a pre-payment during the spring semester of $200 to reserve housing. This payment is applied to the student's account in the fall.

Am I able to cash personal checks at the College?

Students may cash checks up to $25 each at the St. Mary's Campus Store. There is a $2 fee for this service. BB&T also has two limited-purpose ATMs (automated teller machine) on campus, one located at the Library and one in Lewis Quad.

What happens when I have a credit on my account?

If a credit balance exists on a student's account, this means that the student has paid excess funds to the College. If the excess results from federal aid monies paid to the College, we will automatically mail the student a refund to the current address on file.

For all other excess fund or credit balance situations, the student must complete a Refund Request Form. Graduating students, with a credit balance on their account, will receive a refund automatically.