St. Mary's College of Maryland
If you experience a life event that disrupts your schooling — particularly if it takes you away from campus for a week or more — please contact the office of academic services to inform of us your absence, let us know your plans, and allow us to be of assistance. 
Some possible emergencies include:
  • serious illness or accident
  • illness or accident affecting a family member
  • a death in the family

While you will, ultimately, have to work individually with professors in order to complete your coursework, we can help by initially contacting your advisor and all your professors to let them know of your absence and/or need for assistance. We can also counsel you on your options vis-a-vis incompletes, late withdrawals from courses, and leaves of absence (or some combination of the above).

If your circumstances leave you on campus but temporarily impaired (concussed, on crutches, etc.), we can arrange temporary accommodations to help you complete your work effectively.